Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Spanners

On Wed, 04 Mar 2015 12:49:17 +0000, Muddymike wrote:

"Gazz" wrote in message ...

"The Other Mike" wrote in message
On Tue, 3 Mar 2015 17:07:47 -0000, "mark"

wrote:

Like most on here I've got lots of spanners.
Sticking with metric sizes, I've noticed that the majority of my
spanner work is with 10mm and 13mm sizes which corresponds to M6/M8.

I find regular use for my 2BA spanners.

I have a 4BA box spanner (posh one with a shaft and handle, more of a nut
spinner I suppose) that I've had for about 40 years.

I know this because it still has insulation tape rolled round it to
extend the box part; I made it into a jig for dismantlin door locks at
university.

Why? To re-order the pins so that the cleaner's master key wouldn't work
any more. They were sadistic and used to wake us up far too early. I
think we did a whole floor once.

wish to copy them they can pay me £30a message.