Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bartram[_2_] Chris Bartram[_2_] is offline

Default Spanners

On 04/03/2015 07:48, Chris Bartram wrote:
On 03/03/2015 17:07, mark wrote:
Like most on here I've got lots of spanners.
Sticking with metric sizes, I've noticed that the majority of my spanner
work is with 10mm and 13mm sizes which corresponds to M6/M8.

So what are the other ones for in spanner sets, ie., 9mm, 11mm, 12mm,
14mm
and so on. Are they just there to make the numbers up or make it
harder to
find the one you want?

mark

Certainly 100mm, 13mm, and 17mm are the most common, but other sizes
crop up. One VW I've had needed 15mm on part of the front brakes, and
they're relatively hard to come by, and not in most sets.

****. *10mm*. 100mm would be interesting.