Robert

Default switching small 5vdc load with 110vac

No worries mate, yeah its similar to stuff I learnt at uni thats why i
mentioned it. Our lecturer made us learn heaps about Swith Mode
Regulators.

Hope you get something working.

Rob

"Mike Scott" wrote in message news:gQuUb.395532$JQ1.321496@pd7tw1no...
Did you read this PDF? Yikes! This is way beyond my electronics
experience. All I'm hoping to find is a miniature device that is a relay
(or acts like a relay) with my specified input (110vac). Even though your
response is OVER my head, I do appreciate the input -thanks!
-Mike

"Robert" wrote in message
om...
I am back again I just found a product at ON Semiconductor go here if
you want to look, I think it would do what you require. Maybe you can
rip the idea has all the design layout and stuff so see what you
think!

http://www.onsemi.com/pub/Collateral/AND8099-D.PDF

Rob