Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Ferguson Mark Ferguson is offline

Default Cheap Cardboard shredder

replying to Rick Hughes, Mark Ferguson wrote:
rick_hughes wrote:

"Matty F" wrote in message
Technology costs .... and the price for recycled cardboard prevents most
people investing in the sorting Technology ....... I have a friend who

owns
a waste paper company, he only takes the cardboard as a sweetener to get

the
paper ...
His resale cost of the cardboard does not even break even on collection
cost.
I did some work with a logistics company, they invested in a machine that
turns waste corrugated cardboard into packing material ... and very
effective it is.
Gets rid of most of the cardboard waste and also saves them on buying
'polystyrene peanuts' for packing.
The product comes out like an expanded mat ... here is a pic of typical
machine:
http://www.elmstok.co.uk/cardshredder.html#pace

I raise rabbits and worms so I need shredded cardboard. The commercial
machines to do this are quite expensive. I created my own and it works
quite well. Have a look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9JHbRpwbwQ

Converting cardboard to worm casting is a great form of recycling.