Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ping TMH (or rather his daughter)

On 28/02/2015 09:47, Rod Speed wrote:

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
On 27/02/2015 23:13, Tim+ wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
On 27/02/2015 17:59, Tim+ wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:

The info she would want on paper in the capsule;

Name
DOB
Next of kin
Allergies
Medication - she could work out your medical condition from the
medication.

Really? What if it said "Prednisolone"?

Prescribed for a myriad of conditions, some more life threatening than
others. No reason really NOT to put medical condition in as well.

Just repeating what she said.....

Yeah but, drugs change their names far more frequently than most people
change their chronic medical conditions. Are they supposed to update
their
medication list every time their drugs change? As I said, really no
reason
not to include medical condition unless it's something that you're
sensitive about lay-people knowing about.

Tim

As I said, just repeating what she said. I did ask about medical
conditions, but she said medications were all she would be interested
in and that she would work things out from there.

As Chris French said "I think what TMH's daughter meant, was that in
the context of a paramedic and an emergency situation they can
probably tell from the medication the important things that matter to
them, rather than do a full diagnosis."

A paramedics job isn't to specifically treat a patient, but to
stabilise them & get them safely to the right treatment centre.

Only so much room on a small piece of paper :-)

Still makes a lot more sense to include the medical condition
if its going to be relevant to first responders than include all the
medications that aren't going to be relevant to first responders.

Then I wonder why a hugely experienced and highly trained paramedic
didn't think so?