Fritz

Default Charging NimH batteries while in a device.

Ok, to start out, I have no idea what I'm doing. Now that' I've gotten
that out of the way, here is the plan.

I just got a remote control called the OneForAll Kameleon. It's an
awesome remote with one problem, it's batteries die in 1-2 weeks because
of it's backlight feature which automatically turns on whenever you
think about touching the controller. I don't want to give it up
however, so I am going to see if I can mod it.

It takes 3 AAA batteries and I am planning on putting rechargeables
inside. I then will then cut into it slightly and add metal contacts
which link inside of the remote to the battery poles. I'm going to
build a cradle for it that has matching contacts to deliver a charge
(think cordless phone). Using 3 1.2V NiMHs with 700ma capacity I know I
want to be charging at 70ma. I plan on just leaving the controller
there whenever I'm not using the entertainment center.

Ok, here is where I point out my total lack of knowledge. I only can
find AC to 4.5V DC adapters that output at 700ma, this seems like a bit
much (I'm thinking exploding batteries). I know I need to knock it down
to 70ma, I just don't know how. Please help me, and feel free to just
make fun of me for being an idiot too.

Thanks,
-Fritz