Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ping TMH (or rather his daughter)

On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 22:55:13 +0000, John Rumm wrote:

On 26/02/2015 21:06, Dennis@home wrote:
On 26/02/2015 11:14, Dave Liquorice wrote:
Having Parkinsons I'm on regular medication, at the moment not
particularly time critical but as the brain rot progresses it will
become time critical.

So looking ahead I'm looking for some form of "Medical ID". This can't
really be an engraved thing as I want it to inform people that I have
Parkinsons and have details of my the meds and how often I should take
them.

I've had a quick look about the net and really only found bracelets or
necklace lockets/capsules, wallet cards or USB memory devices that fit
the rewriteable specification.

It's no good carrying the information if a medic can't read it, which
really rules out the USB things. That leaves a bracelet/necklace
locket/capsule or wallet cards.

What sort of medical ID does TMH's London Ambulance paramedic daughter
consider to be the one they will most likely find?

Your NHS number will allow them to download your brief medical records
from the spine. You could have that engraved on anything.

If you are diabetic it may be worth having that engraved too so someone
can force feed you a mars bar in an emergency.

The scary thing is the number of people who seem to the think that what
a diabetic needs in an emergency is insulin though...

For a hypo, it's usually Coca-Cola and/or a Jaffa cake...

wish to copy them they can pay me £30a message.