Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxxx Fredxxx is offline

Default Ping TMH (or rather his daughter)

On 27/02/2015 10:56, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 00:50:11 +0000, Fredxxx wrote:

... it may be worth having that engraved too so someone can force

feed
you a mars bar in an emergency.

You really ought to try and assertain if the diabetic is hyper- or
hypo- glycemic before you shove sugar into them.

Giving a hyper-glycemic diabetic sugar is considered less dangerous that
not giving sugar to a hypo-glycemic diabetic.

True enough but I didn't say don't give sugar I said try and find out
which extreme they are at. The chances are it is hypo- and that
condition is more dangerous than hyper-.

If the person is sufficiently lucid then yes of course find out.

If a known diabetic, not lucid or unable to get a conversation, or being
in a coma, then I would search them for any dextrose and do my best to
get it into their mouth.