Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris French Chris French is offline

Default Ping TMH (or rather his daughter)

In message
-septembe
r.org, Tim+ writes
JimK wrote:
/Really? What if it said "Prednisolone"?

Prescribed for a myriad of conditions, some more life threatening than
others. No reason really NOT to put medical condition in as well. /q

Go on then I call.... Name some of these life threatening conditions
that'll get you before you get some pred in a day or so?

Jim K

That's not my point. My point is that you can't simply diagnose a condition
from someone's medication. Prednisolone was just an example. There are
plenty of drugs administered forwidely differing conditions. Few would be
life-threatening in the short-term if medication was altered/stopped
briefly etc. but why should anyone have to guess when it would make far
more sense to include the illness.

I think what TMH's daughter meant, was that in the context of a
paramedic and an emergency situation they can probably tell from the
medication the important things that matter to them, rather than do a
full diagnosis.

But no, assuming there is space then I can't see the reason for not
including the medical condtion(s)
--
Chris French