Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tough Guy no. 1265 Tough Guy no. 1265 is offline

Default LED streetlamps - jobs for the boys

On Thu, 26 Feb 2015 13:57:26 -0000, whisky-dave wrote:

On Wednesday, 25 February 2015 17:52:48 UTC, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
On Wed, 25 Feb 2015 16:37:16 -0000, whisky-dave wrote:

What I've noticed is teh digging up and replacement of paveing slabs at bus stops. it was all done last year and the year before that. I'm betting teh council have a bit of money left over and need to spend it ASAP or they'll loose it, so they just spend it.

Doing that should be enough reason to sack someone. Budgets should carry over.

But they don't, that's the facts getting in the way again.

A budget is not a law of Physics, there's no reason it cannot be changed. Any private company would carry it over. What's wrong with government depts?

--
Women are like a pack of cards... you need a heart to love them, diamonds to marry them, a club to kill them and a spade to bury them.