Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Blown fuse

On Tuesday, February 24, 2015 at 8:19:50 PM UTC, wrote:
On Tuesday, February 24, 2015 at 8:17:03 PM UTC, Terryokeefe wrote:
I have a New World Stowaway 411/1 back boiler which was in our house
when we bought it 30 years ago, up until Sunday we had not had a single
problem with it. On Sunday the 1 amp boiler fuse blew and at the moment
we have neither heating nor hot water. I have tried everywhere to get a
replacement fuse but have been told that the boiler is now obsolete. The
fuse is bigger than today's fuses therefore I wondering if anyone has an
idea where I would possibly get a replacement, if anywhere. Any ideas?
Thanks

If you dont tell us the fuse dims, how would we know? Is it by any chance 32mm long glass tubular fuse?

1A do blow in time for no reason. 3A is the lowest that doesnt.

NT