Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default OT Wind Turbines

In article ,
Nightjar cpb@ insert my surname here.me.uk wrote:
On 23/02/2015 19:44, Rod Speed wrote:
charles wrote
Nick wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Harry wouldn't work that out even if half the
population of that soggy little island got killed by it.

But don't we all agree that population reduction
is the safest way to achieve CO2 reduction.

That seems to be the Greens policy since they
apparently want to stop the import of food.

Britain actually managed to feed itself quite adequately
during WW2 when food imports were drastically curtailed....

There are claims that we reduced food imports by half, but a substantial
part of that was animal feed, not human food. We simply reduced the
animal population and imported meat and animal products instead. Meat
imports increased by 20% between 1938 and 1944, while cheese imports
increased by nearly 72%. Overall, the tonnage of human food imports
dropped by about a quarter, but changes in what we imported meant that
by the end of the war the calorific value per ton of imported human food
had increased by 25%.

If you look at todays papers you will see that we only prodcue 60% of our
own food at present

--
From KT24 in Surrey

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18