Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT Wind Turbines

Nightjar.me.uk" "cpb"@ insert my surname here wrote
Rod Speed wrote
charles wrote
Nick wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Harry wouldn't work that out even if half the
population of that soggy little island got killed by it.

But don't we all agree that population reduction
is the safest way to achieve CO2 reduction.

That seems to be the Greens policy since they
apparently want to stop the import of food.

Britain actually managed to feed itself quite adequately
during WW2 when food imports were drastically curtailed....

There are claims that we reduced food imports by half,
but a substantial part of that was animal feed, not human
food. We simply reduced the animal population and
imported meat and animal products instead. Meat imports
increased by 20% between 1938 and 1944, while cheese
imports increased by nearly 72%. Overall, the tonnage of
human food imports dropped by about a quarter, but
changes in what we imported meant that by the end of
the war the calorific value per ton of imported human
food had increased by 25%.

And most ate rather less imported food than they did before
the war, particularly with those not in the military system.