Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default OT Wind Turbines

In article ,
Rod Speed wrote:

"charles" wrote in message
In article ,
Rod Speed wrote:
charles wrote
Nick wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Harry wouldn't work that out even if half the
population of that soggy little island got killed by it.

But don't we all agree that population reduction
is the safest way to achieve CO2 reduction.

That seems to be the Greens policy since they
apparently want to stop the import of food.

Britain actually managed to feed itself quite adequately
during WW2 when food imports were drastically curtailed.

"adequately" is hardly the word

It is actually. In fact surprisingly enough you lot ate rather
more healthily during the war than before or after it,
largely because you were forced to eat more veg etc.

- and you'll find we still imported a fair
bit of food - 12 Million tons a year.

But wouldn’t have starved if that was not available.

The population has increased somewaht
since the 1940s, too. (another 13 million)

Sure, but food wasn’t grown everywhere it was possible.

And we grow it a lot better now than was possible then too.

in 60 years an awful lot of those potential fields have grown houses. Also
bear in mind that many sports pitches were turned into potato fields.

--
From KT24 in Surrey

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18