Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default OT Apprentices and wages

Has anyone actually read the last sentence of the link?

waves

It says "In the meantime, apprentices are earning an average of £6.79
to £11.63 an hour depending on their level of apprenticeship" and
then compare them with the minimum wages for U18s, 18 to 20 year olds.

Didn't seem to me to conflict with apprentices being more of a cost than
a benefit at first. I thought you had amply demonstrated that with
tales of the wear and tear they impose on you and the need to weed
vigorously

It also struck me the dear old NUS didn't seem to appreciate what a good
advert it was for apprentices:

"Apprentices earn on average nearly double the NMW before the end of
their apprenticeships. After that of course they can get a lot more."

ISTM that's a better deal than many graduates get struggling with unpaid
or minimum wage internships. OTOH I don't suppose apprentices get 3
years of swilling cheap beer and lying in bed until noon when they fancy
it. But well done gremlin_95 if you managed it
--
Robin
reply to address is (meant to be) valid