Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default OT Wind Turbines

On 23/02/2015 08:16, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Mon, 23 Feb 2015 07:49:27 -0000, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

But what if there is no wind?
I don't believe it, personally. Sounds like more hype to me.
Brian

They're not saying that Scotland isn't going to have any other form of
electricity generation, only that they aim to produce as much
electricity from wind as the region uses. Any surplus, from for
example nuclear or coal, would be exported, presumably to the rest of
the UK. When the wind doesn't blow in Scotland, they will presumably
fall back on their other generators and import any shortfall. That
assumes there's spare electricity available to be imported, and we
haven't all gone down the same short-sighted green path to hell and
there's no surplus electricity available. At that point, the green
nirvana is exposed for the fraud that it is.

All that would be exposed is that privatised industry can't plan ahead
and that would give people like dave ammunition to renationalise the
network and put it back into the hands of those responsible for the cockup.
It will take a few blackouts and the consequential deaths before people
like harry realise how stupid they are.