Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tough Guy no. 1265 Tough Guy no. 1265 is offline

Default Atomic energy toy

On Sun, 22 Feb 2015 19:19:31 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 20 Feb 2015 17:57:16 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news On Fri, 20 Feb 2015 16:17:38 -0000, newshound
wrote:

On 20/02/2015 14:41, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
Kinda makes a mockery of the little slightly might be possibly
dangerous
things that H&S goes for nowadays, I guess they're bored.

http://www.techienews.co.uk/9723830/...isplay-museum/

When I first worked in a nuclear research lab, people often took their
film badges home with them; I'm not even sure there were proper racks.
One guy came to the attention of Health Physics because he was
consistently showing higher doses than his co-workers. Turned out he
took his film badge home and placed it in a granite ash-tray overnight.

Did he know he was increasing it? I mean did he do it on purpose for a
laugh or to annoy them in some way, or was it just a convenient place to
put it?

Bet it was the latter.

Most people don't place anything other than cigarettes in ashtrays.

Plenty put stuff like keys in an ashtray, presumably
because they are less likely to fall off that way.

Can't afford a hook?

Hooks cost less than ashtrays, stupid.

Not if you nick the ashtray from the pub.

--
"Th on my k yboard has stopp d working"