Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Parkside belt sander - sandpaper belt sliding off

On 22/02/2015 12:06, David wrote:
On Sat, 21 Feb 2015 21:26:56 +0000, Roger Mills wrote:

On 21/02/2015 20:04, David wrote:
Just got the new drive belt for my Parkside belt sander.
I haven't used the sander since 2013 (I know because when ordering a
new drive belt I found the previous order for a new drive belt - but
not the drive belt itself).

The sander now runs again, but the sand paper just runs off the sander
as soon as I turn it on.

Google suggests that this may be due to adjustment, and there is a
screw at the front with a spring loading which seems to move the front
roller about, but I don't seem to be able to change the behaviour using
this.

Anyone else have experience of the Parkside sanders?

Any idea how to cure this?

Cheers

Dave R

I've got a belt sander which I bought at Lidl - which I think is branded
Parkside, but I'm not at home at the moment, and so can't check.

Mine has got some sort of knob on the side which has to be turned to
align the sanding belt. When you turn it with the sander running, the
belt moves from side to side quite a lot - so you just adjust it to be
central.

The belts have a arrow on them showing which way they need to rotate and
ISTR that the book of words has dire warnings about not fitting the belt
the wrong way round. I don't know whether it won't run straight the
wrong way round, or whether it's more prone to break at the joint - but
it might be worth checking the arrow on yours.

Belt direction matches the arrow in the plastic body - and it seems to
rotate in the correct direction.

There is no knob on the side - just a Posi screw with a damper spring.

I'll have another go at adjustment but it is not looking hopeful :-(

Aldidl kit is usually fairly reliable, as well.

Cheers

Dave R

Maybe there's more than one model. Mine looks like this, and the belt
adjuster is the red knob (Item 6 on page 3 of the manual)

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...86475890,d.d2s

Is yours not like that?

[If that link doesn't work, Google for "Lidl belt sander manual"]
--
Cheers,
Roger