Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Wright[_2_] Bill Wright[_2_] is offline

Default Atomic energy toy

Tim Watts wrote:
On 20/02/15 17:06, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
On Fri, 20 Feb 2015 16:17:38 -0000, newshound
wrote:

On 20/02/2015 14:41, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
Kinda makes a mockery of the little slightly might be possibly
dangerous
things that H&S goes for nowadays, I guess they're bored.

http://www.techienews.co.uk/9723830/...isplay-museum/

When I first worked in a nuclear research lab, people often took their
film badges home with them; I'm not even sure there were proper racks.
One guy came to the attention of Health Physics because he was
consistently showing higher doses than his co-workers. Turned out he
took his film badge home and placed it in a granite ash-tray overnight.

Did he know he was increasing it? I mean did he do it on purpose for a
laugh or to annoy them in some way, or was it just a convenient place to
put it? Most people don't place anything other than cigarettes in
ashtrays.

I have an ashtray full of coins.

I have a wonderful ashtray that bears the legend "Watneys Red Barrel,
It's the same wherever you are.' I use it to hold used teabags.

Bill