Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Atomic energy toy

On Fri, 20 Feb 2015 16:41:30 +0000, Nightjar.me.uk wrote:

I've always fancied an old fashioned Geiger counter, ie one that

ticks.
Not seen any though, maybe they are not allowed in case we all

find out
the truth.

Available here, although ex-cold war and not calibrated:

http://www.anythingradioactive.com/geiger.htm#classic 700

ARGH! Toys and more toys!

Be aware that the ex-cold war meters are designed to detect and
measure the fallout from nuclear bombs, this is somewhat hotter than
natural background radiation. They might not be sensitive enough, see
text of the PDRM 82. The PDRM 82 is a bit of well made, tough as old
boots, kit.

The Smartphone plugin looks intriguing but the blurb isn't that
convincing about background radiation.

--
Cheers
Dave.