Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Atomic energy toy

On 20/02/2015 16:41, Nightjar "cpb"@ wrote:
On 20/02/2015 16:32, Brian Gaff wrote:
That page is probably the most processor intensive and slow one I've
looked
at today.
I've always fancied an old fashioned Geiger counter, ie one that
ticks. Not
seen any though, maybe they are not allowed in case we all find out the
truth.

Available here, although ex-cold war and not calibrated:

http://www.anythingradioactive.com/geiger.htm#classic 700

It's worth viewing a few Youtube videos. Not all devices on the market
live up to expectations and/or advertising hype. It may be one piece of
equipment where 'you get what you pay for it' really applies.