Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default OT - UKIP

In article ,
Adrian wrote:
On Wed, 18 Feb 2015 11:04:32 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Seems to me that the current way of dealing with other EU countries
is by far and away the easier one. Unless, of course, you really
believe that the UK would get shot of any kind of
value-added/goods-and-services/ purchase/sales tax if we left the EU?

Can't see that happening, not least because it would leave a roughly
£100bn hole in the Gov'ts income each year that'd need to be filled
with something else.

Yes, sales tax.

Other than the name, care to explain the difference?

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015...hrive-outside-

the-european-union/

interesting article.

...written by one of the most profoundly anti-EU of MEPs, outside of
UKIP. So hardly an unbiased reflection.

But about the difference between a sales tax and a value-added tax?

I'm guessing, but VAT applies to Goods & Services a Sales Tax would only
apply to goods? So, how does the exchequer balance the books without
pushing Sales Tax up to over 30%?

--
From KT24 in Surrey

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18