Steve Terry

Default mobile (cell) phone jamming

"George Orwell" wrote in message
"Gordon Brown" . wrote:
"Steve Terry" wrote in message

snip
Ah, I see, you mean a broadband jammer (otherwise it will not cope with two
phones transmitting on different channels). For some reason I was assuming
that it was some elaborate narrow band jamming device. Why not just transmit
a burst of white noise at 950Mhz with a 45MHz BW?

That's what I was thinking. This would be a lot simpler than having to
detect a specific signal, modulate it by 45MHz an retransmit it.

A broad UHF input 45MHz mixer osc with broad UHF output is very simple to make

Would the white noise across the right frequency band confuse the
phone enough to disconnnect or garble the call?

A broadband UHF white noise jammer would have to transmit very much more power
to have an effect

The whole point of the phone operating on a 45MHz split with odd phased
time slots is so the phones RX doesn't hear it's TX.
Upset any part of that cycle with a relatively low signal, and the phone stops
working.

Steve Terry