Bob Stephens

Default mobile (cell) phone jamming

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 08:54:16 -0500, default wrote:

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 21:44:04 GMT, Bob Stephens
wrote:

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 12:22:22 -0800, Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:

Tarapia Tapioco wrote:

I want to build a mobile phone jammer

* short range (not more than 5 yds)
* handheld, small
* battery powered

so that when I'm on the bus/train and some idiot start loudly talking
about his business, I can press a button and cause just enough
interference to disconnect him mysteriously.

What's the problem? If someone annoys me too much with a phone, I just
offer to jam it somewhere. Manually. ;-)

When someone annoys me by yakking on a cell phone in a restaurant, meeting
etc., I just join right in the conversation "Sure thing Bill. Friday's
great. Just don't bring that whiny annoying wife of yours..." etc.
I get some priceless looks.

Bob

Hey that's pretty good - worth a try.

Now, what is your technique for getting the woman on the road in the
SUV who is ambivalent about which lane she intends to use?

Well I live and drive in Los Angeles.... I could probably handle lane
ambivalence. It would be a step in the right direction for the SUV set out
here. What we have approximates Brownian motion!

-Bob