Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_3_] bert[_3_] is offline

Default OT - UKIP

In message , michael adams
writes

"Tim Watts" wrote in message

I was also annoyed the other night when I watched a programme about
the HSBC money
laundering - and there was (I think) a taxman saying "and there's no
good reason
someone could want to withdraw x-100,000 in cash".

Whilst I hate the tax fiddlers, that really ****ed me off. "No good
reason???!!" Well,
yes there is a good reason - it's their money and they can take it
about how they like.
Only at the point they fail to pay their taxes, do they break the law.

What he really meant was "We hate it when you make it hard to spy on
everyone".

Makes me want to take my savings out, convert to gold kruggerands and
hide them
literally all over the place.*

Indeed. I've held accounts with the same building society continually
now for around the past 40 years. The same actual branch although
obviously the staff and shoffittings change. In order to open a new
account by transferring money from another account to take advantage
of a better interest rate - all accounts are in the same name, same
address, with the same branch, I was first required to provide two
forms of ID.
And this wasn't just the assistant being over-zealous. She actually
showed me, and let me keep, which she shouldn't have done, the
internal checklist they have to follow when opening all
new accounts.

michael adams

Local building society refused to accept a cheque made out to my middle
name even though they had it on their records. - so I went next door to
Lloyds and paid it into my current account with them through their
automatic cheque reader - no check whatsoever.
--
bert