Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default boiler clanking

In article ,
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
"Dave Plowman (News)" writes:
In article ,
charles wrote:
I was getting localised boiling (kettling) in my GlowWorm boiler when
the pump turned off. I've added ScrewFix Boiler Noise Reducer and
that problem seems to have gone. I now get an alarming clanking
instead which I'm sure wasn't there before.

Any ideas as to what is causing it and how to stop it?

I used to get that with my old cast iron Potterton boiler. Cleaning
didn't seem to help. I added a pump over-run circuit which kept it
running for a minute or so after things told it to stop.

I wonder if it has a pump run-on timer which has died?

No. Was a BE type.

--
*The closest I ever got to a 4.0 in school was my blood alcohol content*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.