Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default 13A Socket outlets - SP or DP?

In article ,
Mike Barnes wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Mike Barnes wrote:
FWIW I don't think I ever use a socket switch to turn something off for
any purpose, never mind maintenance where safety might be involved.

I'd wager that in this house, every switched socket is either switched
on with a plug inserted, or switched off with no plug inserted.

Perhaps that's just me. But I suspect not.

You sound like my father.

I'm not your father. At least I don't think so.

The TV had to be switched off on the set first,
then the socket, and finally unplugged.

Are you focussing on the fact that all three had to be done, or that
they had to be done in that particular order?

FWIW our telly is plugged in to a switched-on socket all the time, but
switched OFF at the set most of the time.

I had some friends who asked me to help because their video recorder
wouldn't record. They turned it off every night at the wall, so it never
remememeber the clock time. They didn't like my suggestion that it be left
switched on 24/7.

--
From KT24 in Surrey

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18