Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 13A Socket outlets - SP or DP?

In article ,
Mike Barnes wrote:
FWIW I don't think I ever use a socket switch to turn something off for
any purpose, never mind maintenance where safety might be involved.

I'd wager that in this house, every switched socket is either switched
on with a plug inserted, or switched off with no plug inserted.

Perhaps that's just me. But I suspect not.

You sound like my father. The TV had to be switched off on the set first,
then the socket, and finally unplugged. Yet he built crystal sets when
younger and radio was new.

OCD hadn't been invented then.

--
*The most wasted day of all is one in which we have not laughed.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.