Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tony Bryer[_3_] Tony Bryer[_3_] is offline

Default OT - UKIP

On Sat, 14 Feb 2015 19:02:29 +0000 Another John wrote :
In article ,
"john james" wrote:

There isn't really any viable alternative with MPs except
compulsory voting and that has real downsides too.

What are they? I'd be interested to know -- I've always wondered what
we'd get in the way of government, if *everybody* exercised their right.

Another one is that since everyone (in reality around 90% do) has to vote
(though you can spoil your paper) you can increase your vote by endlessly
attacking the other side. In the UK that might well increase the stay at
home vote.

I love nearly everything about living in Australia, with politics the key
exception.

Melbourne, Australia www.greentram.com