king@ star.net

Default Battery Powering a CPU fan?

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 04:59:50 GMT,
wrote:

I'm trying to figure out a lightweight ventilation solution for my
terrarium[1], and am considering a battery powered 80mm fan as a solution.
I don't need a lot of circulation, just a little flow.

How many days could an 80mm fan run off of a 9v battery? Is there anything
(ie, resistor) that I can put between the two to lengthen the life of the
battery?

Are there any commercial solutions that would meet my needs?

[1] I have a 3"x3" opening at the top back of the terrarium hood[2],
which I plan to cover with a screen and use for venting. I'm thinking
I can cover it with a cpu fan pushing air in, and the air can exit using
the various other nooks and crannies in the lid.

[2] There's also an 8W Fluorescent light on the hood. Is there a simple
way to make use of the power to power a CPU fan?

heres a bone for ya

battery capacity (milliamp*hours) / total current (milliamp) = battery
life (hours)

hurc ast