Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Ping Bill Wright SIG 8008

"Graham." wrote in message
On Thu, 12 Feb 2015 19:45:58 -0000, "ARW"
wrote:

I spent this morning with a BT engineer looking for the cause of 100
apartments with poor Broadband speed. We identified the culprit as a
Compact
Line SIG 8008 on the 14th floor.

With power on to the 8008 the flats get ~880K speed, with power off to it
they get 5Mb.

Is this likely to be just a faulty 8008 and a straight swap (or a swap for
something similar) or should I now just pass this on to a pro in aerials?

--
Adam

Well done for finding it, what gear was used to track it down?

Dunno. The BT guy had the "wand" that buzzed:-) But the real gear was the
brains of two people working together in a building that we were unfamiliar
with.

My job was to isolate electrical equipment when requested. A nice job as
this is a 15 storey building that I have only been to 3 times and I really
have no idea know where stuff is.

--
Adam