Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - UKIP

On 13/02/15 08:06, Tim Watts wrote:
On 12/02/15 23:36, michael adams wrote:

But the situation you describe isn't the result of regulation, but of
the abolition
of regulation. Regulations against advertising by solictors, and
regulations
against no win no fee arrangements.

Fair point -

I was however thinking of stuff like:

Part P
Part L
DBS/CBR checks even if you are just a parent helper at a school under
more or less constant supervision
Having to send gawd knows how many documents off to join a new
bank/credit card/etc
Having to "prove my identity" to my own solicitor on a regular basis.
and many many more

Oh - and ANPR cameras.
Internet spying.

As a followup - Boiling Frog comes to mind.

I have a long memory and it horrifies me how much state interferance
there is now compared to 1975. But the new generation do not know any
better.