Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT - UKIP

"Capitol" wrote in message
o.uk...
Nightjar cpb@ wrote:

The recession has absolutely nothing to do with us being in the EU and
leaving will only divorce us from one of our largest overseas markets.
It would be a complete disaster.

Opinion, not fact.

I have been around since 1950. I have never seen people ion general more
depressed and miserable than the last 5 years.

Blame the banks that invested in toxic debts, not the EU.

The banks represent a failure of government, I saw it coming in 2002,
Vince Cable believed Brown was doing the right thing.

I visited Czechoslovakia a year after the wall came down. Britain today
resembles it. Except there is no hope left in Britain.

You obviously live in a different part from me. What I see around me is
businesses expanding and an economy that is growing.

UKIP should not have a policy on everything. In fact it should have
almost no policy on anything. That's not a weakness, that's a
strength.

You can't really believe that can you?

Absolutely6. No policy ion fo9xshubtning, gay marriage, plain wrappings
on cigarettes sod all that.

We have a few very urgent problems.

We are flat broke,.

Rubbish. Our national debt is 88% of our GDP, so we don't owe more than
we can pay and the national deficit is set to turn positive within a
couple of years, so we won't end up owning more than we can pay.

we are being invaded by LEGAL immigrants,

Who wouldn't be coming here is the situation were as bad as you make out
and they are far more likely to be making a contribution to the British
economy than native British.

and we
have no power to stop anything or change anything because the EU sets
the rules.

As I said elsewhere, the amount of UK legislation originating from the
EU is 15% to 50%, depending upon how you set the criteria. Even then,
much of that legislation would have been passed by a British government
in very similar form even if we had not been part of the EU.

That
is not enough of a basis to run a country. However, it is not whether
they are any worse, but why should anybody support them over one of
the
mainstream parties unless they were significantly better?

I think no government at all especially no EU government would be
better than what we have.

Anarchy is not better than anything.

Anything is better than what we have now.

Nope, anarchy like was seen in the recent riots
would be MUCH worse than what you have now.