Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT - UKIP

Capitol wrote
Adrian wrote
The Natural Philosopher wrote

but the whole point of leaving the EU is to repair tyhe already ruined
economy.

Which it won't. Quite the opposite.

Opinion, not fact.

Leaving the EU is unlikely to do much for the British economy.

I visited Czechoslovakia a year after the wall came down. Britain today
resembles it.

You clearly live in a very different Britain to the one I live in.

Well, I recognise it.

Nope, just claim that, a different matter entirely.

UKIP should not have a policy on everything. In fact it should have
almost no policy on anything. That's not a weakness, that's a
strength.

You can't really believe that can you?

Absolutely6. No policy ion fo9xshubtning, gay marriage, plain wrappings
on cigarettes sod all that.

So what if I actually want my MP or MEP to represent me on those issues?
I should vote for somebody from a non-monomaniacal party? OK, great.

Well you do at the moment.

We are flat broke

No, we aren't. We're a G8 economy, and one of the more successful ones.

We are flat broke

Nope.

and buried in debt,

Plenty of others have much more debt.

can't you count?

we are being invaded by LEGAL immigrants

No, we aren't. And, even if we were, there are more UK nationals living
elsewhere in the EU than there are EU nationals living here. If the UK
gets rid of "them", surely it is only fair for the EU to get rid of "us",
too?

You really do live in a fairy tale world don't you?

We'll see...

We ARE buried in legal immigrants

Have fun explaining why they show up in
Britain which according to you is flat broke.

and each one costs the UK taxpayer at least £10k a year.

Bull****.

Most of the EU living brits are retired and non working, so they cost
their host country nothing. If the working Brits abroad are returned, I'm
quite happy with that,

But they obviously wouldnt be.

they can contribute to our economy, not someone elses.

The reason most of them have left is because that isn't possible in Britain.

And that has been true for more than a hundred years now.

Oh, and if you're conflating non-EU migration, then don't forget that's
something that is ENTIRELY in UK hands.

Not whilst we have a gutless government.

Still not imposed by the EU.

and we have no power to stop anything or change anything because the EU
sets the rules.

Yes, we do, and no, they don't. Even if "they" do, "we" are a substantial
part of "them", always assuming some of "our" elected representatives
actually bothered to do the job they get paid for.

Reality (as seen from outside the pages of the Daily Mail) really isn't
your strong point, is it?

As has been explained to you, the elected representatives have no power to
change legislation,

That hasnt been 'explained', its been CLAIMED, a
different matter entirely. And its a lie with anywhere
from 50% to 80% of the legislation anyway.

let's get our democracy back.

Voting for UKIP isn't going to do that, essentially
because hardly anyone else will do that.