Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Ping Bill Wright SIG 8008

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
ARW wrote:
I spent this morning with a BT engineer looking for the cause of 100
apartments with poor Broadband speed. We identified the culprit as a
Compact
Line SIG 8008 on the 14th floor.

With power on to the 8008 the flats get ~880K speed, with power off to it
they get 5Mb.

Is this likely to be just a faulty 8008 and a straight swap (or a swap
for
something similar) or should I now just pass this on to a pro in aerials?

I don't like them things. I took over a contract where someone had used
one at every institution and I had a lot of bother with them. They're all
ripped out now. I've never had one generating that much RF though, so I
guess the one you have is faulty.

You can't really replace it without an analyser to check levels, c/n, etc.

We normally replaced them with a preamp followed by a passive filters
followed by a power amp.

Ta. I'll leave it to the pros.

And you have worked for this company. Your name was stamped on the TV stuff
at another property owned by this firm.

--
Adam