Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default OT - UKIP

On Thu, 12 Feb 2015 20:57:24 +0000, Capitol wrote:

but the whole point of leaving the EU is to repair tyhe already ruined
economy.

Which it won't. Quite the opposite.

Opinion, not fact.

Of course it's opinion. As is your opinion that the opposite would be
true,

I visited Czechoslovakia a year after the wall came down. Britain
today resembles it.

You clearly live in a very different Britain to the one I live in.

Well, I recognise it.

You're actively looking for it. In fact, you're spinning everything you
see through a filter of expectation to try to prove your bias.

We are flat broke

No, we aren't. We're a G8 economy, and one of the more successful ones.

We are flat broke and buried in debt, can't you count?

Yes, I can. Which is why I know that we aren't flat broke.

The economy's not great - sure - because of a global mire, which (yes)
the UK was partly responsible for. But it's nowhere near as bad as most
of our competitors, and it's improving rapidly.

Ignore big scary numbers with lots of zeroes, and look at %ages of GDP.
The deficit is still present but down hugely, and debt is large but
manageable.