StevieBoy

Default No pressure in Hot water tap!!! Help

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 12:20:58 +0100, "The Question Asker"
wrote:

the cold water tap works fine, tho?? theres a outlet tap at the bottom of th
ehw tank and one by the main coldwater inlet pipe so could i connect the two
with a piece of hose then turn both on then turn on the taps would this
clear any blockage??

As long as you have someone watching the level cold water storage tank
to ensure that water doesn't get pushed through the hot water cylinder
making the cold water storage tank overflow ... but I don't think you
want to try this yet.

The new Cold Tap (which works okay) may be fed straight from the
mains, and therefore is under mains pressure? The 'Hot' part of the
tap may be expecting the same pressure water and or may have an
insert/flow reducing value which you remove in low-pressure
installations.

First plan of action is to ring the manufacturer of the new tap to see
if they have any advice.

Perhaps the new tap is faulty?

Once that avenue has been exhausted I'd try and reconnect the old tap
to see if the old one works ok.

Steve