happyhobit

Default Domino 2 BASIC microcontroller

Hi Phil,

I believe the PORT command is used to set and read the I/O ports.

See, http://pages.sbcglobal.net/gdrumm/8051downloads.htm , Specifically the
'MCS-51 BASIC Manual' which covers the 'MCS Basic-52'

Or, http://www.lvr.com/microc.htm .

Jay

"I'm pullin' for you; we're all in this together", Red Green

"Mr. Phil" wrote in message
.. .
I just obtained a Domino 2 Microcontroller with built in BASIC. I learned
that the company that manufactured these things (Micromint) has some
documentation on their website showing schematics for interfacing a

MAX232,
LCD display, and matrix keyboard, but the programming examples for setting
up the I/O are sparce and confusing. Has anyone had experience working

with
these modules before?

How can I program the I/O pins from BASIC. There are some that say they
have to be accessed through machine code. Can I just poke the values to a
certain memory location? I also want to wire up an 8255A to expand the

I/O.
What would be the best way to accomplish this?

Any information anyone can provide would be appreciated. Thanks!

-Phil