Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default KVM power supply.

In article ,
Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artículo , Dave Plowman (News)
escribió:

Wonder why it's such an odd value?

It's faulty, there isn't enough load on it to regulate properly, or it's
an unregulated one.

The power probably goes direct to the ICs inside the KVM (in other
words, there's no supplementary power supply on the KVM board.)

It should be 5v +/- 5%, so 4.75 min to 5.25v max.

I wouldn't be comfortable using it on equipment specified for 5.0v.

But it says 5.4v on the original PS case. ;-)

When faulty it read just over 4v under load. Must admit I didn't measure
the bench PS.

--
*HOW DO THEY GET DEER TO CROSS THE ROAD ONLY AT THOSE YELLOW ROAD SIGNS?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.