Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 'U'U clips, spire clips/nuts, what is max thickness of flangethey fit over?

MM wrote:

F Murtz wrote:

rivnuts.

I went on to Amazon and found several inexpensive rivnut setting tools
(although the cheapest (from Silverline) got very poor reviews).

I got the silverline tool, only needed to set 8 rivnuts (and a couple of
test ones) I *was* using stainless ones, so a bit tougher on the tool,
it didn't break as such, but it distorted enough that the crackle finish
paint flaked off it, but it got the job done (fixing points for a steel
banister rail, and the result is solid as a rock).