Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Tomlinson Mike Tomlinson is offline

Default KVM power supply.

En el artículo , Andrew Gabriel
escribió:

I open the welded shut ones using a Stanley knife, with the blade
protruding just 2mm, which avoids damage inside

I've also done it by locating a Stanley knife blade (sans handle) in the
seam and tapping sharply with a hammer. The blades are brittle, though,
eye protection is a good idea. Had a couple shatter.

Most of those sealed cases can be cracked open with minimal damage in a
vice. I try the adapter in various positions within the vice, feeling
for a weak spot. Once that's found, it's easy to crack the rest of the
seam open. The advantage is that because you haven't cut it, the case
glues back together very neatly - some I've done you can't even tell
they have been opened.

At repair events, if they can't
be fixed back together securely, I regard that as terminal and dispose
of them.

Agreed. If I'm in doubt about the security of the glued joint, I add a
couple of cable ties as a belt and braces precaution. Not pretty, but
you usually can't see the adapter anyway in among all the other cables
and detritus that goes with IT kit.

--
:: je suis Charlie :: yo soy Charlie :: ik ben Charlie ::