Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gordon Henderson Gordon Henderson is offline

Default OT - Programming Languages

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Adam Funk

On 2015-02-01, wrote:

Martin Bonner wrote:

I find Python easy to read and write, and (more to the point) my son
found it fairly easy to pick up at 16.

[...]

I also dislike python, although it has its uses (and a wide variety of
special purpose libraries). However, in case you consider it a useful
piece of information, note that the Physics dept at Imperial College
teaches python in first year physics.

The significance of whitespace still bugs me, ...

Whitespace should *not* be significant; there are no other contexts in
life in which it is. This idea is just a throwback to the days of
FORTRAN.

There is another language where whitespace is significant; OCCAM...

Gordon