Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.walking
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default OT - Google Earth Pro free licence

On 02/02/2015 23:08, Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
polygonum wrote:
On 02/02/2015 14:47, PeterC wrote:

it's 25MB (+overheads) so e-mailable(?).

Why would anyone send anything that big by email?

a) Because they don't know of another method

b) Because that's normal, at least for Powerpoint presentations
by marketing departments

Way back when, when wide-area Email was starting (well before the
Internet), I had an argument with our Email people about sending
files via Email. They said that you should never do that, because
Email was like letters, so I said "What about parcel post?" I lost,
and Email didn't support sending files until many years later.

Of course, everyone With Clue knew how to encode files as plain
text (hence uuencode etc.), but it took ages before attachments
appeared. And now people send messages as attachments, so you
can't read them without the right application, and are opening
yourself up to an attack if you do ....

How technology has, er, progressed!

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

A number of years ago, when I regularly got involved with Powerpoint, I
couldn't believe the sizes they could become!

--
Rod