Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - Programming Languages

On Mon, 02 Feb 2015 18:07:11 +0000, Gordon Henderson wrote:

FORTRAN was ugly, limited structure, poor IO and generally horrid in so
many ways. But for a scientist, it was very solid, and got the job done.

This.

FORmula TRAnslation

Without all the added guff that comes with everything else.

In its original form, it's a relatively simple language - easy to
compile

FSVO 'easy'. I didn't like the ambiguity of a line starting: DO10I= !!

wish to copy them they can pay me £30a message.