Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] cl@isbd.net is offline

Default Photo negatives, slides copier recommendations?

Syd Rumpo wrote:
On 31/01/2015 13:04, Bill wrote:
Hi,
I'm looking for any personal recommendations for a copier that will copy
from normal 35mm neg's, slides and small glass plate neg's. Looking
around the web there seems to be a multitude of these, all with glowing
reviews! But does anyone here have any first hand experience of them?
I've scanned many photos before, but this will be my first time with
negatives, it would be good to get a few personal experiences before
diving in.

I tried a negative/slide scanner, but found that scanning colour prints
gave much better results - both the resolution and the colours looked
better. Of course, that's no good if you don't have prints.

It certainly should be better scanning the negatives directly, prints
don't give anywhere near the full resolution possible from a good
negative (unless of course they're big prints, like 10" x 8").

It does of course depend on the scanner, if it hasn't got the
resolution to exploit the negative resolution fully then it might
produce better results from the print which is significantly larger
then the negative of course.

--
Chris Green
ยท