Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default Photo negatives, slides copier recommendations?

On 01/02/2015 09:49, LumpHammer wrote:

I use an Epson Perfection V500 Photo to digitise 35mm slides. It's just
an A4 flat-bed scanner with a bit of plastic to hold slides and
negatives of various sizes. It probably doesn't extract as much
information from the slides as a dedicated slide scanner, but the
results are quite acceptable for sharing old slides with overseas
relatives.

I used a flat bed with a negative adapter and it could extract more
information than the film could hold (in theory). It did 48 bit scanning
at 2400 dpi (optical) but it didn't half take a while to scan 30
pictures (which is the maximum you could load at a time).
It was a HP one but its in the attic now so I can't tell you the model
number but it had an A4 light source in the lid.
I expect the scanners based on 5 mega pixel camera chips that they sell
in lidl/aldi will satisfy most people and take about a second to do a
frame. An slr will do a good job too once you sort out the mounting for
the light source and film.