Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris French Chris French is offline

Default Photo negatives, slides copier recommendations?

In message 702scapfvjp9re0kjvd7t4v0q83ukcqp53@astraweb, Steve
writes
wrote:

Steve wrote:
wrote:
Bill wrote:

I'm looking for any personal recommendations for a copier that
will copy from normal 35mm neg's [...]

I have an Epson V700 which I used to scan a mix of 2.25" square
and 35mm negatives and I also use as a general purpose scanner.
I've been very pleased with it over the years.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the point of digitizing negatives?

They're not digitised as negatives, the scanner software turns them
into normal positive images which you can then view on your PC,
tablet, TV, phone, etc.

Thanks. I looked into this a while back and was told that a scanner
couldn't make them positives; I'd need to have them developed first.
Has the technology advanced, or did I misunderstand?

The scanner as such doesn't do the conversion, but software will.

I imagine software packaged with the scanner does it, and other
photoediting software as well can.
--
Chris French