Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Photo negatives, slides copier recommendations?

On 01/02/2015 09:18, alan_m wrote:
On 01/02/2015 08:16, PeterC wrote:

Another possibility is
http://www.7dayshop.com/slide-negati...16gb-sdhc-card

Unusually high resolution for the format of scanner.

I would suggest that it could be quite a low resolution scanner as the
quoted specification can be interpreted as 14M (interpolated) and 22M
(interpolated). It doesn't specify the level of JPEG compression. It
could be a cheap 640 x 480 USB camera sensor packaged into something
unsuitable for any serious film scanning.

It gets a 4 star (of 5) review for one person
"Looks Ok but I haven't used it yet"

I used Jessops to scan some old photos but the images were
indistinguishable from those produced by an Epson I bought on EBay for a
tenner