Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Bill is offline

Default Photo negatives, slides copier recommendations?

In message , Davey
writes
On Sat, 31 Jan 2015 13:04:33 +0000
Bill wrote:

Hi,
I'm looking for any personal recommendations for a copier that will
copy from normal 35mm neg's, slides and small glass plate neg's.
Looking around the web there seems to be a multitude of these, all
with glowing reviews! But does anyone here have any first hand
experience of them? I've scanned many photos before, but this will be
my first time with negatives, it would be good to get a few personal
experiences before diving in.

Doing the same as you, I looked at loads of reviews. One guy offered to
take your Ion copier in part exchange and give it a decent burial.
Eventually, I just made my own out of cardboard and a piece of
translucent white plastic sheet that I already had, and the whole thing
sits on my tripod and uses my compact Canon. I have digitised about
1500 slides for a History Club with this system.
Not much help, I'm afraid!

Interesting Davey, I had looked at Ion, I was worried when I saw that
PC World sold them though :-)
--
Bill