Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff[_2_] Brian Gaff[_2_] is offline

Default removing and replacing asbestos cement garage roof

Not so sure about that, as you can do it yourself as long as you observe the
rules and double bag and label the stuff and make sure te the site is clean.
I was told that the asbestos cement is not really that hazardous as there
are no long fibres in it as there is in the blue asbestos lagging and
insulation material.
Having said all that, I've still got to put this advice to the test on a
garage and a shed roof.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Nick Paice" wrote in message
There is a common misconception that only a licensed removal agency or local
authority can remove your tired asbestos garage. The Environment Agency will
grant a license to a company to become a bonafide upper tier waste carrier.
Even so, the company still has to have a means of legitimately disposing of
the waste preferably an account with the large landfill organisation.
Needless to say, checking the credentials of the company including their
license number is a must.